Imperfectly Beautiful - a Intro

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring"

                                                                                                                                               - Marilyn Monroe


Marilyn Monroe's quote describes me to a T. Why? Because I am far from perfect, I try to be my best every day, which brings out the right inside of me, my beauty. Life has thrown me obstacles as a child. Still, I was given a second chance to give a beautiful little boy a different experience. Those same obstacles have created unbearable emotions, and I used that energy to be creative, my genius. I frequently make mistakes like dropping out of college at 18, becoming a single mom at 21, giving up my future plans, and so much more. However, I have done those ridiculous things to find my self and create a unique story that no one else can tell, a level far from boring. This is ME.


My brand is about being unapologetically me. I embrace everything about me; my unruly hair, my big lips, my imperfect figure, me. I am looking to create a hair company dedicated to the women in my life who have passed; my mom, grandmother, and granny. Those three women were absolutely perfect in my eyes. They rarely changed their appearance. They were old fashion beauty. I want to recreate my memories of them into today's society version of black girl beauty, extensions. Most people believe that black women get extensions to hide their beauty or to have "Caucasian hair." Especially since the BLM protest, many social media posts argue that black women wear straight hair appropriate Caucasian or other women of color. My brand will show that's not the case. Extensions are a protective style used to guard and help our natural hair flourish. To display the world that I stand by, I will post regularly on social media my natural hair and versatile styles of the weave. I want to show women that I can do both and absolutely love myself while doing it. My page will represent genuine self-love accompanied by artificial beauty such as extensions and makeup. Beauty comes in all forms; nothing you can do can hide your beauty because you make whatever you altered. 

                                                                                                                                            Ta'Shonna. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Who?

A Goodbye to MKTG:370

Weave Vlogging