Social Media Who?

Who is Social media when it comes to branding? Social media is your biggest supporter and advertisement. Using your social media account to plaster your business is also advertising yourself. I have yet to make my business pages. Why? Because it's a lot of planning that goes into it, like getting an LLC, picking the right layouts and fonts, and so much more. The most significant step in starting my business is rebranding my pages. I started with my Instagram by making it public and removing a post that did not fit my brand. I tried to keep selfies with my natural hair and extensions the same thing for my Twitter, which was pretty easy to edit. I edited my bios on each by adding in my entrepreneurship, lifestyle, and natural hair tags. What will be harder for me is my Snapchat and Facebook, both personal and private pages. My Facebook contains old posts from years back that are hard to remove; it has hundreds of pictures, and my audience varies, which means I have a lot of viewers who are not interested in my brand or fit into it. However, I am working on it.

One crucial page that I have found on Linkedin is the Private Label extension. I have been interested in them for years after first determining that I wanted to join the hair business. Their Linkedin page has 107 followers, and they are based in Atlanta, Georgia. Their social media page is dedicated to their mission to help small business owners with branding, supplying, and starting a website. After finding their owner Mikey Moran's social media, he also promotes his business by implementing it into his lifestyle. He adds videos to his Instagram to interact with small business owners and shares a post of his branding techniques. Private Label Extensions is a great company to follow in my venture to be an entrepreneur.

Comments

  1. Great blog post! One thing to consider as well is that it is okay to separate yourself from your company. For instance you could have an Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc for JUST your company as well as another set for family and friends. That way you don't have to stress about posting certain kind of content or worse, what friends and family are going to post on your sites.......forgetting that you are running a legit business! It will take extra time, but it would afford you the opportunity to clearly delineate your brand message from your actual life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weave Vlogging

A Goodbye to MKTG:370